UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to McLean.
When McLean is mentioned on the pages of this publication, it is usually when we are covering some the highest priced homes in the DC area. With an average home price of $1.9 million, the 22101 zip code is one of the priciest in the area, and those prices only went up more (17%) in 2022. Despite the rise in prices, homes were still regularly selling for above asking based on the original sales to list price ratio.
Below are some interesting statistics we picked out about the McLean market in 2022.
- $2.217 million -- The average price fo a detached house in McLean, up 17% year-over-year.
- 365 -- The number of homes sold this year.
- $10 million -- The price of the most expensive home to sell in McLean this year.
- 62% -- The number of homes that sold in ten days or less.
- 101.7% -- The average sales price to list price ratio for homes sold.
- A Look at One of DC's Priciest Housing Markets: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- A Flurry of Sales: The West End Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-land-of-the-2-millon-home-the-mclean-housing-market-by-the-numbers/20211.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro