UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to West End, a downtown DC neighborhood known for its supply of high-end condos and co-ops.
Home prices dropped slightly in West End this year, but it comes on the heels of prices increasing by nearly 25% between 2020 and 2021. As prices dropped, home sales popped, rising nearly 30% year-over-year. The rising sales volume combined with fewer homes coming on the market brought the supply of homes for sale down significantly year-over-year.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the West End market.
- $745,000 -- The median home price in West End this year, down 6% compared with 2021.
- 80 -- The number of homes sold in West End this year, up 29% compared to last year.
- $4 million -- The final sales price for a two-bedroom condo that sold in June, the priciest listing to sell this year.
- 2.73 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale in July, down 44% since July 2021.
- 98% -- The percentage of home sales that were condos or co-ops in 2022.
Photo courtesy of BTW Images.
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/a-flurry-of-sales-the-west-end-housing-market-by-the-numbers/20005.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
A year ago, UrbanTurf reported on plans for a grocery store that was looking to open ... read »
If you make your way through downtown Bethesda, it seems like there is a new project ... read »
With news this week that the Lerner family will not be selling DC's baseball team, it... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro