With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Hillcrest.
The market in the Ward 7 neighborhood of Hillcrest has been strong like many other areas in DC over the last few years, but that appears to be changing in 2022. Both home prices and home sales have fallen notably in the neighborhood this year, as homes are spending more time on the market. These dynamics resulted in the inventory of homes for sale rising about 30% in April compared to last spring.
Below are some statistics that UrbanTurf compiled about the Hillcrest market.
- $472,000 -- The median home price in 2022, down 15% compared to last year.
- 25 -- The number of homes sold so far in 2022, a 20% drop compared to same period in 2022.
- 25 -- The average number of days that homes are spending on the market in 2022, up 14% compared to last year.
- 1.13 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in April, up 30% compared to last April.
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/as-home-sales-drop-prices-follow-suit-in-hillcrest/19733.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
If you make your way through downtown Bethesda, it seems like there is a new project ... read »
The late senator's Spring Valley home has hit the market, and new photos offer a look... read »
The Post will stay downtown; a look at DC renters who are renovating; and the residen... read »
This week's Best New Listings includes a historic Sears Kit Home, a bungalow with bri... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro