With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to the zip code that encompasses Crystal City and Pentagon City in Northern Virginia.
The 22202 zip code, home to Amazon's second headquarters, saw both total dollar volume and home sales volume shoot up this year, even as the supply of homes for sale dropped and prices rose. Average home prices have risen for virtually every property type in the zip code over the last year, with condos seeing prices increase 7% and three-bedroom single-family homes rising 20%.
Below are some statistics that UrbanTurf compiled about the 22202 market.
- $45 million -- The total dollar volume of homes sold in 2022, a 22% increase compared to 2021.
- 62 -- The number of homes sold so far in 2022, an 11% increase compared to 2021.
- $646,250 -- The median sales price for a home in 22202.
- $1.279 million -- The average sales price for a detached home in 2022, up 18% compared to 2021.
- 1.93 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in April, down 15% compared to last April.
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/sales-up-across-the-board-the-crystal-city-housing-market-by-the-numbers/19705.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
Eights month after a new proposal to redevelop part of the Takoma Metro station was p... read »
The new images provide a better sense of the big residential plans in the works for t... read »
As we approach the end of the year, UrbanTurf is taking a final look at the DC neighb... read »
On Tuesday, the Federal Housing Finance Agency announced an increase to mortgage loan... read »
To help home buyers and sellers both novice and seasoned, UrbanTurf is running a seri... read »
Plans for the New York-based eatery appear to be moving forward.... read »
The development for four parcels at The Yards from Brookfield Properties and the Menk... read »
The concept includes 14 lanes for bowling, a 1,200 person concert venue, a craft bar ... read »
The zip codes that are home to Brentwood, Takoma Park and sections of Hyattsville top... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro