UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Spring Valley.
Spring Valley, the DC neighborhood tucked away off Massachusetts Avenue near American University, highlights what is happening in a number of hyperlocal markets right now.
While the total number of homes to sell dropped notably so far in 2022 compared to last year, the homes that are selling are moving quickly and selling at a higher price than 2021. The median sales price is up 6% to $1.957 million, one of the highest in the city, and 75% of homes sold so far this year did so within ten days of hitting the market.
Below are some interesting statistics we picked out about the Spring Valley market in 2022.
- $2.468 million -- The average sales price for a detached home with 4+ bedrooms, up 10% compared to last year.
- $5.6 million -- The price of the most expensive home sold in the neighborhood this year.
- 104.6% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes sold in 2022.
- 1.5 -- The months of supply of homes on the market currently.
Photo courtesy of Connie Gauthier.
- A Flurry of Sales: The West End Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/a-look-at-one-of-dcs-priciest-housing-markets-spring-valley-by-the-numbers/20043.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
Where new housing is being built; the return of water in Dupont Circle; and a look at... read »
July Residential has filed plans with DC for a four-story, 50-unit apartment building... read »
Capitalization challenges are to blame for the Madison Highland Live/Work Lofts at 70... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
Today, we will take a look at the close-in Northern Virginia zip codes where prices h... read »
Hockey players and horse riders, this sprawling Virginia estate may be for you.... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro