If you asked most DC residents where Berkley is located, you would likely get a lot of blank looks. The obscure neighborhood is tucked away in the upper reaches of Northwest DC just off Foxhall Road (map).
However, what the neighborhood lacks in visibility, it makes up for in pricey real estate.
Only two of the homes sold in the neighborhood this year carried price tags below $1.3 million, and the median home sales price was the highest in the city at almost $1.9 million. Below, UrbanTurf picked out some key housing statistics for the neighborhood.
- $1.875 million -- The median home sales price this year, a 30 percent increase over 2018.
- $1.82 million -- The average list price for homes sold in Berkley this year.
- 70 -- The average number of days homes spent on the market in 2019.
- 40% -- The percentage of homes that sold in all-cash transactions this year.
- Even With Prices Up 24%, Home Buyers Still Flocking to Bloomingdale
- Mount Pleasant Remains One of DC's Most In-Demand Housing Markets
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Is AU Park DC's Most Competitive Housing Market?
- Calmer Than Most: A Look at the H Street Corridor Housing Market
- Takoma Remains a Fan Favorite of DC Homebuyers
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/dcs-most-expensive-housing-market-is-a-neighborhood-most-residents-probably/15809.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Harry Wardman is responsible for developing huge swaths of northwest DC, from row hou... read »
The NHP Foundation has submitted plans to DC's Historic Preservation Office for a new... read »
An updated look at the residential units on the boards at Union Market.... read »
The golden handcuffs of low mortgage rates; where the fastest trains are being made; ... read »
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the Jewett House has hit the market for $14... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 14 years, it is critically impor... read »
Before deciding to build an addition to your rowhouse, find out whether you'll need t... read »
A stately five-bedroom Woodley Park house has been home to not one, not two, but thre... read »
A look at the residential projects in the works within a block or two of Dave Thomas ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro