If you asked most DC residents where Berkley is located, you would likely get a lot of blank looks. The obscure neighborhood is tucked away in the upper reaches of Northwest DC just off Foxhall Road (map).
However, what the neighborhood lacks in visibility, it makes up for in pricey real estate.
Only two of the homes sold in the neighborhood this year carried price tags below $1.3 million, and the median home sales price was the highest in the city at almost $1.9 million. Below, UrbanTurf picked out some key housing statistics for the neighborhood.
- $1.875 million -- The median home sales price this year, a 30 percent increase over 2018.
- $1.82 million -- The average list price for homes sold in Berkley this year.
- 70 -- The average number of days homes spent on the market in 2019.
- 40% -- The percentage of homes that sold in all-cash transactions this year.
- Even With Prices Up 24%, Home Buyers Still Flocking to Bloomingdale
- Mount Pleasant Remains One of DC's Most In-Demand Housing Markets
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Is AU Park DC's Most Competitive Housing Market?
- Calmer Than Most: A Look at the H Street Corridor Housing Market
- Takoma Remains a Fan Favorite of DC Homebuyers
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/dcs-most-expensive-housing-market-is-a-neighborhood-most-residents-probably/15809.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
A 4,600 square-foot condominium in Arlington just sold for nearly $6 million, setting... read »
Home prices in the DC region have risen on an annual basis for seven consecutive mont... read »
A new report is shedding light on the volume of investor home purchases at the end of... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro