With the summer housing market underway, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Takoma.
The market in Takoma has consistently been one of DC's more robust in recent years and a place where single-family homes have been relatively affordable. However, that may be changing. Home prices are up 27 percent in 2019, however that doesn't appear to be deterring buyers as the contract ratio last month hit 3.5. Below are a few other statistics that UrbanTurf pulled out about the neighborhood market.
- $627,250 -- The median price for homes sold in 2019 in Takoma, up 27 percent from 2018.
- 99.9% --The median sales price to original list price ratio in June.
- 3.5 -- The contract ratio in June (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings), one of the highest ratios in the city.
- 20 days -- The supply of homes on the market in June.
- Even With Prices Up 24%, Home Buyers Still Flocking to Bloomingdale
- Mount Pleasant Remains One of DC's Most In-Demand Housing Markets
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Is AU Park DC's Most Competitive Housing Market?
- Calmer Than Most: A Look at the H Street Corridor Housing Market
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/takoma-remains-a-fan-favorite-for-dc-homebuyers/15665.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The development will be located a few blocks south of the Takoma Metro station.... read »
The new development along South Capitol Street includes a new amenity for UrbanTurf: ... read »
DC's Office of Planning recently looked at DC's migration patterns in 2022. Today, Ur... read »
A new plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of DC's Chin... read »
Crescent Communities has filed a site plan application with the county for a 467-unit... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
Dupont Circle’s Swann House, a former 15-bedroom bed and breakfast, will be listed ... read »
The two-building project will include approximately 825 residential units, 151 lodgin... read »
There are two new proposals to redevelop the center at 14th and U Streets NW that are... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro