With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head down to Capitol Hill.
Increasing home prices haven't dampened homebuyer demand on the Hill, as they have in the rest of the region. As the selection of statistics below show, both prices and sales have risen by double-digit percentage points compared to the same period last year. But what is also rising is the supply of homes for sale, which means that buyers will have more options this spring.
- $869,500 -- The median home sales price on Capitol Hill in 2019, up 11 percent compared to last year.
- $1.527 million -- The average home price for an attached house with four or more bedrooms, up 17 percent compared to 2018.
- 1.61 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale in March, up 86 percent compared to last year.
- 10 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in March, down 58 percent compared to the same time last year.
- 118 -- The number of homes sold so far in 2019, up 17 percent compare to 2018.
- 99.9% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes that sold in 2019.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/capitol-hill/15354.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
A new report illustrates how much space one can rent for the elusive price of $1,700 ... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro