With the summer housing market underway, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Bloomingdale.
The Bloomingdale housing market in 2018 was heavily weighted towards condo sales. This year, the market is more balanced between condo and single-family home sales, and that is represented in a significant rise in home prices. Even with the jump in prices, the market has remained in demand and that can be seen in a variety of metrics (contract ratio, months of supply) outlined below.
- $942,000 -- The median price for homes sold in 2019, up 24 percent from 2018.
- 33 -- The number of homes that have sold this year, up 3.5 percent from 2018.
- 55% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 100.4% -- The median sales price to original list price ratio in May.
- 3.60 -- The contract ratio in May (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings), one of the highest ratios in the city.
- 1.14 -- The months of supply of homes on the market in May.
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Is AU Park DC's Most Competitive Housing Market?
- Calmer Than Most: A Look at the H Street Corridor Housing Market
- Mount Pleasant Remains One of DC's Most In-Demand Housing Markets
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/even-with-prices-up-24-home-buyers-still-flocking-to-bloomingdale/15640.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The development will be located a few blocks south of the Takoma Metro station.... read »
DC's Office of Planning recently looked at DC's migration patterns in 2022. Today, Ur... read »
The new development along South Capitol Street includes a new amenity for UrbanTurf: ... read »
A new plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of DC's Chin... read »
Sales are well underway at Kite House—the brand new condominium at The Parks on the... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
Dupont Circle’s Swann House, a former 15-bedroom bed and breakfast, will be listed ... read »
The two-building project will include approximately 825 residential units, 151 lodgin... read »
There are two new proposals to redevelop the center at 14th and U Streets NW that are... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro