With the summer housing market underway, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Bloomingdale.
The Bloomingdale housing market in 2018 was heavily weighted towards condo sales. This year, the market is more balanced between condo and single-family home sales, and that is represented in a significant rise in home prices. Even with the jump in prices, the market has remained in demand and that can be seen in a variety of metrics (contract ratio, months of supply) outlined below.
- $942,000 -- The median price for homes sold in 2019, up 24 percent from 2018.
- 33 -- The number of homes that have sold this year, up 3.5 percent from 2018.
- 55% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 100.4% -- The median sales price to original list price ratio in May.
- 3.60 -- The contract ratio in May (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings), one of the highest ratios in the city.
- 1.14 -- The months of supply of homes on the market in May.
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Is AU Park DC's Most Competitive Housing Market?
- Calmer Than Most: A Look at the H Street Corridor Housing Market
- Mount Pleasant Remains One of DC's Most In-Demand Housing Markets
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/even-with-prices-up-24-home-buyers-still-flocking-to-bloomingdale/15640.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
The Capitol Hill home has been listed for sale that has a number of serious security ... read »
The new residential project adds to a growing pipeline of development on the boards i... read »
Today, UrbanTurf looks at what we think will be the metrics that will determine the d... read »
Located in the heart of Shaw, Intersect at O includes five elevator townhomes. The fi... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Long-term interest rates are at their highest level in decades, but a new forecast pr... read »
The Church of the Epiphany has filed plans with the city to demolish the rear portion... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro