With the summer housing market underway, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Bloomingdale.
The Bloomingdale housing market in 2018 was heavily weighted towards condo sales. This year, the market is more balanced between condo and single-family home sales, and that is represented in a significant rise in home prices. Even with the jump in prices, the market has remained in demand and that can be seen in a variety of metrics (contract ratio, months of supply) outlined below.
- $942,000 -- The median price for homes sold in 2019, up 24 percent from 2018.
- 33 -- The number of homes that have sold this year, up 3.5 percent from 2018.
- 55% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 100.4% -- The median sales price to original list price ratio in May.
- 3.60 -- The contract ratio in May (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings), one of the highest ratios in the city.
- 1.14 -- The months of supply of homes on the market in May.
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Is AU Park DC's Most Competitive Housing Market?
- Calmer Than Most: A Look at the H Street Corridor Housing Market
- Mount Pleasant Remains One of DC's Most In-Demand Housing Markets
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/even-with-prices-up-24-home-buyers-still-flocking-to-bloomingdale/15640.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The Washington Nationals great didn't move out of the area, though.... read »
UrbanTurf put together a quick primer on the ins and outs of a home auction.... read »
As the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood nears its development capacity, a new effort p... read »
The plans for the large new apartment project from Perseus TDC are coming into focus.... read »
Closed and pending home sales in the area fell significantly last month, as home pric... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
This Week's Find is one of the more interesting homes in DC's Foxhall neighborhood. ... read »
The mall will be reimagined as a 7-story, 325-unit apartment project with 25,000 squa... read »
While DC's rising home prices have been the story for years, there are some areas of ... read »
Approximately 25% of listings on the market in the city have experienced a price redu... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro