UrbanTurf is wrapping up its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Bloomingdale.
The market in the neighborhood surrounded by Shaw and LeDroit Park has been marked by small ups and downs in 2022. Home prices were up 8% in the first ten months of the year as home sales fell year-over-year by 6%. Last year, homes were selling on average for just above list price; this year they are selling for just below. The supply of homes for sale is one of the few metrics that has seen a significant change: active listings were up 78% in October year-over-year.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out a few other interesting stats about the Bloomingdale market.
- $999,777 -- The median home price in Bloomingdale this year.
- 91 -- The number of homes sold in the neighborhood this year.
- 50% -- The number of homes that sold in ten days or less in 2022.
- 3.38 -- The months of active home supply on the market.
- A Look at One of DC's Priciest Housing Markets: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- A Flurry of Sales: The West End Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/a_little_up_a_little_down_the_bloomingdale_housing_market_by_the_numbers/20383.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro