UrbanTurf is wrapping up its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Bloomingdale.
The market in the neighborhood surrounded by Shaw and LeDroit Park has been marked by small ups and downs in 2022. Home prices were up 8% in the first ten months of the year as home sales fell year-over-year by 6%. Last year, homes were selling on average for just above list price; this year they are selling for just below. The supply of homes for sale is one of the few metrics that has seen a significant change: active listings were up 78% in October year-over-year.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out a few other interesting stats about the Bloomingdale market.
- $999,777 -- The median home price in Bloomingdale this year.
- 91 -- The number of homes sold in the neighborhood this year.
- 50% -- The number of homes that sold in ten days or less in 2022.
- 3.38 -- The months of active home supply on the market.
- A Look at One of DC's Priciest Housing Markets: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- A Flurry of Sales: The West End Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/a_little_up_a_little_down_the_bloomingdale_housing_market_by_the_numbers/20383.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The listing will hit the market on Wednesday, according to the Washington Business Jo... read »
The concept for the residential conversion of a prominently sited building in Dupont ... read »
Here are some precautions to take before buying real estate with a buddy.... read »
About a month ago, UrbanTurf examined how condo and co-op prices were driving home pr... read »
Even though flipping is not as prevalent in the city as it used to be, there are sti... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro