UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to West End, a downtown DC neighborhood known primarily for its stock of high-end condos.
Last year was not very kind for the West End housing market, thanks to COVID-19, but the market has certainly turned around in 2021. Both home sales and home prices shot up this year, as the market bounced back from last year's lull. While there is a relatively high supply of homes for sale on the market relative to the rest of the city, the condo inventory in West End has fallen 25% compared to last summer.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the West End market.
- $793,500 -- The median home price in West End this year, up 24% compared to 2020.
- 62 -- The number of homes sold in West End this year, up 93% compared to last year.
- $1.1 million -- The average list price for units in 2021, up 45% year-over-year.
- 4.88 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale in July, down 25% since July 2020.
- 90% -- The percentage of home sales that were condos or co-ops in 2021.
- Surging: The Takoma Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/a-different-market-in-2021-the-west-end-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18666.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
As the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood nears its development capacity, a new effort p... read »
The large new residential building is just the latest development pitched near the ba... read »
UrbanTurf put together a quick primer on the ins and outs of a home auction.... read »
Foulger Pratt has plans to turn the 12-story office building at 1133 19th Street NW i... read »
The e-bike battle; the home insurance you didn't know that you needed; and what trans... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
This Week's Find is one of the more interesting homes in DC's Foxhall neighborhood. ... read »
The mall will be reimagined as a 7-story, 325-unit apartment project with 25,000 squa... read »
While DC's rising home prices have been the story for years, there are some areas of ... read »
Brookfield Properties and the Menkiti Group have filed a second-stage planned unit de... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro