UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to West End, a downtown DC neighborhood known primarily for its stock of high-end condos.
Last year was not very kind for the West End housing market, thanks to COVID-19, but the market has certainly turned around in 2021. Both home sales and home prices shot up this year, as the market bounced back from last year's lull. While there is a relatively high supply of homes for sale on the market relative to the rest of the city, the condo inventory in West End has fallen 25% compared to last summer.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the West End market.
- $793,500 -- The median home price in West End this year, up 24% compared to 2020.
- 62 -- The number of homes sold in West End this year, up 93% compared to last year.
- $1.1 million -- The average list price for units in 2021, up 45% year-over-year.
- 4.88 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale in July, down 25% since July 2020.
- 90% -- The percentage of home sales that were condos or co-ops in 2021.
- Surging: The Takoma Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/a-different-market-in-2021-the-west-end-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18666.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The development will be located a few blocks south of the Takoma Metro station.... read »
The new development along South Capitol Street includes a new amenity for UrbanTurf: ... read »
DC's Office of Planning recently looked at DC's migration patterns in 2022. Today, Ur... read »
A new plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of DC's Chin... read »
Crescent Communities has filed a site plan application with the county for a 467-unit... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
Dupont Circle’s Swann House, a former 15-bedroom bed and breakfast, will be listed ... read »
The two-building project will include approximately 825 residential units, 151 lodgin... read »
There are two new proposals to redevelop the center at 14th and U Streets NW that are... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro