UrbanTurf continues to take a look at the housing markets around the DC region and today, we head over to Takoma Park.
Aside from DC's American University Park, it is hard to think of a housing market as competitive as Takoma Park this year. The ratio of sales price to list price for homes in this section of Maryland is one of the highest anywhere in the region, an indication of serious competition among buyers. Prices for detached homes with more than four bedrooms have risen 45% this year, as the supply of homes for sale has fallen 36% compared to 2020, and now stands at just a 3-week inventory.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Takoma Park market.
- $574,500 -- The median home price in Takoma Park, an increase of 13% compared to 2020.
- $905,408 -- The average sales price for a detached home with 4+ bedrooms, up 45% compared to last year.
- 0.75 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in June, down 36% compared to last year.
- 105.1% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for Takoma Park this year, one of the highest ratios in the region.
- 1.83 -- The contract ratio for the neighborhood in the second quarter, up 138% compared to the second quarter of 2020.
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/surging-the-takoma-park-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18545.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
This Week's Best New Listings includes a Shaw condo with soaring ceilings, a Wesley H... read »
Dupont Circle’s Swann House, a former 15-bedroom bed and breakfast, will be listed ... read »
A recent build in Anacostia made history as the first code-compliant bamboo building ... read »
There are two new proposals to redevelop the center at 14th and U Streets NW that are... read »
The recently-filed amendment would help move redevelopment of a police and fire stati... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
Post Brothers has plans in the works to convert the Universal buildings into a sprawl... read »
The two-building project will include approximately 825 residential units, 151 lodgin... read »
The M Street building was built in the early 1980s.... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro