As we hit the middle of summer, UrbanTurf is continuing to take a look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to LeDroit Park.
The small NW DC neighborhood sandwiched between Shaw and Bloomingdale has seen some of the highest home price appreciation in the city this year, with prices rising 50%. In a neighborhood like LeDroit Park, appreciation like this could usually be attributed to a higher number of condo and co-op units selling this year compared to last. But in fact the opposite happened with condo sales doubling in 2021. In addition to rising home sales and prices, the supply of homes for sale is down notably compared to 2020 and competition remains high.
Below are some of the more interesting statistics about the LeDroit Park market.
- $765,000 -- The median home sales price in 2021, up 49% compared to 2020.
- 47 -- The number of homes that have sold in the neighborhood in 2021, a 113% increase compared to last year.
- 1.0 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in DC last month, down 73% compared to last year.
- 1.75 -- The contract ratio in June, meaning that almost two homes went under contract in the month for every active listing.
- 57% -- The percentage of homes that sold within ten days of being listed in 2021.
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/ledroit-park-the-dc-neighborhood-where-home-prices-are-up-50/18506.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The large new residential building is just the latest development pitched near the ba... read »
UrbanTurf put together a quick primer on the ins and outs of a home auction.... read »
Foulger Pratt has plans to turn the 12-story office building at 1133 19th Street NW i... read »
As the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood nears its development capacity, a new effort p... read »
The Washington Nationals great didn't move out of the area, though.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
This Week's Find is one of the more interesting homes in DC's Foxhall neighborhood. ... read »
The mall will be reimagined as a 7-story, 325-unit apartment project with 25,000 squa... read »
While DC's rising home prices have been the story for years, there are some areas of ... read »
Brookfield Properties and the Menkiti Group have filed a second-stage planned unit de... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro