UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Palisades.
The theme of the Palisades housing market in 2020, like many places across DC, is rising prices and low supply. Prices are up for every property type in the neighborhood this year, with the largest increases seen for condos and co-ops. With inventory down about 17% compared to last year, home sales have dropped off, down 26% compared to the same period in 2019.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Palisades market.
- $1.238 million -- The median home price in Palisades, an increase of 33% compared to 2019.
- $355,120 -- The average price for condos and co-ops in 2020, up 27% compared to last year.
- 26 -- The number of homes sold in Palisades this year, down 26% compared to last year.
- 2.5 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in the second quarter of 2020, down 17% compared to last year.
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Look at DC's Priciest Housing Market: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- Rising Prices Don't Dampen Sales: The Anacostia Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/a-33-jump-the-palisades-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17170
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
DC's homebuyer assistance programs can be a bit complex. This edition of First-Timer ... read »
A look around DC to see where home sellers are dropping their prices.... read »
Just a month after setting a new high in March, the value of a house in DC skyrockete... read »
The National Capital Planning Commission will consider approval of the final master p... read »
The new five-level residential project is planned for the buildings at 1365-1375 H St... read »
Our guide for amateur landlords who don't really know what they're doing.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The eight-bedroom, 35,000 square-foot home known as The Cliffs hit the market Wednesd... read »
Brookfield Properties is moving forward with development plans for additional sites i... read »
The most detailed rendering yet has been unveiled for the 310-unit redevelopment of t... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro