UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Anacostia.
Like many DC neighborhoods, Anacostia is outperforming the 2019 market. And like many DC neighborhoods, rising home prices are not affecting home buyer demand. Even with home prices up almost 15 percent this year, home sales are significantly outpacing the neighborhood market in 2019. With a contract ratio above 1.0, competition remains high in the neighborhood and with a two-month supply of homes on the market, it will likely remain that way into the fall.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Anacostia market.
- $449,500 -- The median home price in Anacostia, an increase of 14.5% compared to 2019.
- 44 -- The number of homes sold in Anacostia this year, a 33% increase compared to last year.
- 39% -- The percentage of homes in Anacostia that sold in ten days or less in 2020.
- 2.14 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in June 2020.
- 1.13 -- The contract ratio in Anacostia in June.
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Look at DC's Priciest Housing Market: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/rising-prices-dont-dampen-sales-the-anacostia-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17145.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Here are some precautions to take before buying real estate with a buddy.... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor will go before DC's B... read »
The plans for 7749 Old Georgetown Road will go before the Montgomery County Developme... read »
The red wall near the corner of 30th and M Street NW hit the market back in July for ... read »
Today, we highlight the five DC neighborhoods that have been the most affordable to h... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro