UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Anacostia.
Like many DC neighborhoods, Anacostia is outperforming the 2019 market. And like many DC neighborhoods, rising home prices are not affecting home buyer demand. Even with home prices up almost 15 percent this year, home sales are significantly outpacing the neighborhood market in 2019. With a contract ratio above 1.0, competition remains high in the neighborhood and with a two-month supply of homes on the market, it will likely remain that way into the fall.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Anacostia market.
- $449,500 -- The median home price in Anacostia, an increase of 14.5% compared to 2019.
- 44 -- The number of homes sold in Anacostia this year, a 33% increase compared to last year.
- 39% -- The percentage of homes in Anacostia that sold in ten days or less in 2020.
- 2.14 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in June 2020.
- 1.13 -- The contract ratio in Anacostia in June.
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Look at DC's Priciest Housing Market: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/rising-prices-dont-dampen-sales-the-anacostia-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17145.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
A year ago, UrbanTurf reported on plans for a grocery store that was looking to open ... read »
With news this week that the Lerner family will not be selling DC's baseball team, it... read »
If you make your way through downtown Bethesda, it seems like there is a new project ... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro