UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Spring Valley.
Spring Valley is tucked away off Massachusetts Avenue near American University and is known for having some of the pricer homes for sale in the District. As the statistics below reveal, not only are homes expensive in Spring Valley, but they are large; the vast majority of listings sold this year had four or more bedrooms. As with many local markets these days, supply is also scant. Last year at this time, there was a four-month inventory of homes for sale. In June, it came in at about six weeks.
- $2.005 million -- The average sale price for homes sold in 2020, down about 4 percent compared to last year.
- $2.137 million -- The average sale price of homes with 4+ bedrooms.
- 88% -- The percentage of homes sold that had 4+ bedrooms.
- 35% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 94.6% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes sold in June.
- 1.33 -- The months of supply of homes on the market in June.
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Logan Circle Housing Market, By the Numbers
Photo courtesy of HomeVisit.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/inside-dcs-priciest-housing-market-spring-valley-by-the-numbers/17091.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The large new residential building is just the latest development pitched near the ba... read »
Foulger Pratt has plans to turn the 12-story office building at 1133 19th Street NW i... read »
The e-bike battle; the home insurance you didn't know that you needed; and what trans... read »
A head-scratching closure at Union Market; the skyrocketing costs of building a dream... read »
The five-bedroom home of the Washington Capitals forward went under contract last wee... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
This Week's Find is one of the more interesting homes in DC's Foxhall neighborhood. ... read »
UrbanTurf is re-publishing an article with updated links that is a step-by-step way t... read »
The mall will be reimagined as a 7-story, 325-unit apartment project with 25,000 squa... read »
While DC's rising home prices have been the story for years, there are some areas of ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro