With the spring housing market underway, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Shepherd Park.
Shepherd Park is a neighborhood largely of single-family homes bounded on the west by 16th Street, and on the east by Georgia and Eastern Avenues. While it is not a place where homes come on the market frequently, it has proven to be a very brisk market this year. Home prices are up 27 percent in 2020 compared to the same period last year and despite the jump in prices, 80 percent of homes sold within ten days of hitting the market.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Shepherd Park market.
- $940,000 -- The median price for homes sold in 2020 in Shepherd Park, up 27 percent from the first half of 2019.
- 1.33 -- The months of supply of homes for sale on the market in Shepherd Park.
- 80% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 1.20 -- The contract ratio (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings) in the first quarter of 2020.
- 4 days -- The median number of days homes spent on the market this year.
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-shepherd-park-housing-market-by-the-numbers/16969.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Here are some precautions to take before buying real estate with a buddy.... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor will go before DC's B... read »
The plans for 7749 Old Georgetown Road will go before the Montgomery County Developme... read »
The red wall near the corner of 30th and M Street NW hit the market back in July for ... read »
Today, we highlight the five DC neighborhoods that have been the most affordable to h... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro