UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Takoma Park.
A lack of homes for sale in the Maryland neighborhood just outside DC has resulted in a lower volume of sales in 2020 compared to last year. However, there is a lot of competition for the homes that are on the market (see contract ratio below), and that competition has pushed prices up.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Takoma Park market.
- $519,950 -- The median home price in Takoma Park, an increase of 17% compared to 2019.
- 1.27 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in the second quarter of 2020, down 24% compared to last year.
- 99 -- The number of homes sold in the neighborhood this year, down 29% compared to last year.
- 1.26 -- The contract ratio for the neighborhood in the second quarter, up 31% compared to the second quarter of 2019.
- A 33% Jump: The Palisades Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Prices Soar, But So Do Sales: The Woodridge Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Look at DC's Priciest Housing Market: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- Rising Prices Don't Dampen Sales: The Anacostia Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-takoma-park-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17233.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
Where new housing is being built; the return of water in Dupont Circle; and a look at... read »
July Residential has filed plans with DC for a four-story, 50-unit apartment building... read »
Capitalization challenges are to blame for the Madison Highland Live/Work Lofts at 70... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
Today, we will take a look at the close-in Northern Virginia zip codes where prices h... read »
Hockey players and horse riders, this sprawling Virginia estate may be for you.... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro