UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Congress Heights.
Unlike many neighborhoods around the DC region, the market in this Ward 8 neighborhood in 2022 doesn't look much different from 2021. Home sales so far this year are exactly the same as they were nine months into 2021, and the average sales price is just a half percent higher. With a lower sales-to-original list price than last year, the homebuyer competition in Congress Heights has fallen off a bit, and with a 4.5-month supply of homes on the market, there is a lot more to choose from now compared to last fall.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Congress Heights market.
- $376,476 -- The average home price in Congress Heights this year.
- 117-- The number of homes sold this year, the same number as in 2021.
- 96.9% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio in Congress Heights.
- 33% -- The percentage of homes that sold in less than 10 days in 2022.
- A Look at One of DC's Priciest Housing Markets: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- A Flurry of Sales: The West End Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/new_year_same_market_the_congress_heights_housing_market_by_the_numbers/20237.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro