Big Houses Moving Quickly: The Spring Valley Market, By the Numbers
UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Spring Valley.
Spring Valley, the neighborhood tucked away off Massachusetts Avenue near American University, is an interesting microcosm of the climate of the regional housing market. A neighborhood of large detached homes, the high prices (highest in the District) in Spring Valley did nothing to dissuade buyers this year as 77% of homes sold within ten days of hitting the market. As with many local markets these days, supply is also scant. There is just a two-week supply of homes on the market now, down 72% compared to last year.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
Below are some interesting statistics we picked out about the Spring Valley market.
- $2.242 million -- The average sale price for homes sold in 2021, down about 1 percent compared to last year.
- $4.95 million -- The price of the most expensive home sold in the neighborhood this year.
- 87% -- The percentage of homes sold that had 4+ bedrooms.
- 102.8% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes sold in 2021.
- 0.5 -- The months of supply of homes on the market currently.
- The Land of the Large, Detached House: The Great Falls Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Surging: The Takoma Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
See other articles related to: spring valley, spring valley housing market, spring valley housing prices
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/big-houses-by-the-numbers-the-spring-valley-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18750.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Ten years later, plans to construct nearly 150 townhomes at DC's most hotly debated d... read »
LEGO lovers will likely be first in line for the National Building Museum's latest ex... read »
Last year, Shiloh Baptist Church selected Monarch Urban to redevelop 1515 9th Street ... read »
JBG Smith has plans for a seven-story project along Crystal Drive.... read »
The "trailer park" where homes sell for millions; a renters utopia; and ideas for whe... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The 23,600 square-foot mansion just hit the market, and would set a record if it fetc... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- Reservoir District: 146 Townhomes Planned at McMillan Site Look For Final Design Approval
- BRICK CITY: DC's New LEGO Exhibit Brings in Architecture From Around the World
- HPO Recommends Approval For 45-Unit Condo Development Pitched For Former Church Site in Shaw
- And Another One: Block-Long, 370-Unit Development Pitched For Crystal City
- Wednesday's Must Reads
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- DC's Blaine Mansion Lists For $30 Million, A Potentially Record-Setting Price in the City
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro