UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Spring Valley.
Spring Valley, the neighborhood tucked away off Massachusetts Avenue near American University, is an interesting microcosm of the climate of the regional housing market. A neighborhood of large detached homes, the high prices (highest in the District) in Spring Valley did nothing to dissuade buyers this year as 77% of homes sold within ten days of hitting the market. As with many local markets these days, supply is also scant. There is just a two-week supply of homes on the market now, down 72% compared to last year.
Below are some interesting statistics we picked out about the Spring Valley market.
- $2.242 million -- The average sale price for homes sold in 2021, down about 1 percent compared to last year.
- $4.95 million -- The price of the most expensive home sold in the neighborhood this year.
- 87% -- The percentage of homes sold that had 4+ bedrooms.
- 102.8% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes sold in 2021.
- 0.5 -- The months of supply of homes on the market currently.
- The Land of the Large, Detached House: The Great Falls Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Surging: The Takoma Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/big-houses-by-the-numbers-the-spring-valley-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18750
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The seven-bedroom home hit the market on Friday and was under contract by Sunday.... read »
This year will likely go down as the year that prices for houses in DC reached new he... read »
Dubbed OZMA, the 13-story project will include roughly 7,900 square feet of ground fl... read »
A previous proposal for the site shared last year would have delivered 83 units and s... read »
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
STAY DC provides rental aid and utility payment grants to at-risk District residents ... read »
The planned 8-unit development would be located on K Street right along the Potomac R... read »
Landmark Theatres is in the final stages of negotiations that would have it operating... read »
The 12,000 square foot replica of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue went under contract last w... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro