UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Kent.
Kent is a neighborhood in the upper reaches of NW DC just adjacent to the Maryland border where home prices rarely fall below $1 million. Despite the high price tags, the neighborhood saw home sales shoot up this year along with most of the rest of the city. While prices did not have the same upper trajectory as sales, they are up slightly compared to 2019 and homes are selling much closer to their original asking price this year.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Kent market.
- $1.595 million -- The median home price in Kent, up 1.2% compared to 2019.
- 29 -- The number of homes sold in the neighborhood this year, up 61% compared to last year.
- 23 -- The number of detached, single-family homes that sold in the neighborhood this year.
- 1 -- The number of homes that sold below $1 million in Kent this year.
- 96.8% -- The ratio of average sold price to average list price in Kent, up 11.6% year-over-year.
- The Takoma Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A 33% Jump: The Palisades Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Prices Soar, But So Do Sales: The Woodridge Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Look at DC's Priciest Housing Market: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- Rising Prices Don't Dampen Sales: The Anacostia Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/1-million-and-up-the-kent-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17323.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro