UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to the small DC neighborhood where home prices have risen the most in 2022.
Foxhall is roughly bordered by Reservoir Road, Foxhall Road, Glover Park, and P Street NW that is home to houses ranging from smaller Tudor rowhomes to large, detached homes. The median home price in the neighborhood is up 73% in 2022, thanks in large part to the increase in prices for neighborhood townhouses. While Foxhall is not an area where home sales happen frequently (only 10 so far this year), sales did not drop off year-over-year as they did in most neighborhoods around the city.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out a few other interesting stats about the Foxhall market.
- $2.075 million -- The median home price in Foxhall this year.
- $1.88 million -- The average list price for homes that sold in 2022.
- 100.3% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio this year.
- 70% -- The percentage of homes that sold in less than 10 days.
- A Look at One of DC's Priciest Housing Markets: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- A Flurry of Sales: The West End Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_small_dc_neighborhood_where_home_prices_have_risen_the_most_in_2/20340.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
Where new housing is being built; the return of water in Dupont Circle; and a look at... read »
July Residential has filed plans with DC for a four-story, 50-unit apartment building... read »
As a tumultuous year for the housing market winds down, forecasts are being made for ... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
Today, we will take a look at the close-in Northern Virginia zip codes where prices h... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro