UrbanTurf is taking a look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to North Cleveland Park.
This small northwest neighborhood has been one of DC's most active and competitive housing markets for several years. Home prices shot up in 2020 and sales fell, but the drop off was likely due to a very low supply of homes for sale rather than rising prices.
Perhaps the most important metric that illustrates what is going on in the neighborhood is contract ratio, the total number of homes under contract in a given period compared to the overall number of active listings. For the third quarter, the contract ratio in North Cleveland Park was well above 2.0, one of the highest ratios in the city.
Below, UrbanTurf plucked out a few more statistics about the neighborhood market.
- $1.332 million -- The median sales price of a home in North Cleveland Park in 2020, up 22 percent compared to last year.
- 101% --The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes in the neighborhood.
- 55 percent -- The percentage of homes that sold within the first ten days of being listed.
- 15 days -- The supply of homes for sale in October.
- 2.5 --The contract ratio in the third quarter of 2020.
- The Land of Flips: The Petworth Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Takoma Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A 33% Jump: The Palisades Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Prices Soar, But So Do Sales: The Woodridge Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Look at DC's Priciest Housing Market: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- Rising Prices Don't Dampen Sales: The Anacostia Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Fairly Balanced: The Columbia Heights Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/north-cleveland-park-dcs-million-dollar-multiple-offer-neighborhood/17539.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro