UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Columbia Heights.
Columbia Heights is one of the largest and most active housing markets in DC. However, the 2020 market was not quite as volatile as other local markets in the city. While home prices were up year-over-year, sales were down slightly despite leading the city in terms of overall volume. The contract ratio in Columbia Heights has been well below 1.0 for most of the year, an indication that the market is largely leaning in favor of buyers.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Columbia Heights market.
- $655,000 -- The median home price in Columbia Heights, up 11% compared to last year.
- 417 -- The number of homes sold in the neighborhood this year, down slightly compared to 2019 but the highest volume of any DC neighborhood.
- 14 -- The average number of days that homes are spending on the market in Columbia Heights.
- 2.06 -- The supply of homes on the market in the second quarter, down 14% year-over-year.
- The Land of Flips: The Petworth Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Takoma Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A 33% Jump: The Palisades Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Prices Soar, But So Do Sales: The Woodridge Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Very Robust Start to 2020: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still DC's Most Competitive? The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Shepherd Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- A Look at DC's Priciest Housing Market: Spring Valley, By the Numbers
- Rising Prices Don't Dampen Sales: The Anacostia Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/fairly-balanced-the-columbia-heights-market-by-the-numbers/17376.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro