UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Palisades, which sits between MacArthur Boulevard and Potomac River.
Unlike the majority of neighborhoods in DC, Palisades saw home prices drop ever so slightly this year. However, that was not the case for large detached homes, which saw prices rise about 7% and sell on average in about ten days. Home sales overall are up significantly from last year which means that there isn't a large supply of homes on the market currently.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Palisades market.
- $1.17 million -- The median home price in Palisades, a drop of 3% compared to 2020.
- $2.084 million -- The median home price for a detached home with 4+ bedrooms, an increase of 7.3% compared to 2020.
- 50 -- The number of homes sold in Palisades this year, up 60% compared to last year.
- 1.0 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in the second quarter of 2021, down 17% compared to last year.
- Surging: The Takoma Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/detached-in-demand-the-palisades-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18613.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Neighborhood Development Company has filed plans with DC's Historic Preservation Offi... read »
Plans for the New York-based eatery appear to be moving forward.... read »
The development for four parcels at The Yards from Brookfield Properties and the Menk... read »
EDENS filed a planned unit development for a two-building residential development tha... read »
One of the more prominent features of the project will be a public plaza that will ru... read »
To help home buyers and sellers both novice and seasoned, UrbanTurf is running a seri... read »
As home buyers get the itch to look for a home and start to venture out to open house... read »
The development will replace the 44,700 square-foot retail structure that was previou... read »
The concept includes 14 lanes for bowling, a 1,200 person concert venue, a craft bar ... read »
The zip codes that are home to Brentwood, Takoma Park and sections of Hyattsville top... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro