UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Kent.
Kent is a neighborhood in the upper reaches of NW DC just adjacent to the Maryland border where home prices rarely fall below $1 million. This year, prices are notably higher.
The median home price in Kent is currently $2 million, up 30% compared to last year; the average list price is approaching $3 million. These prices haven't dissuaded homebuyers, as 3 out of 4 homes have sold in ten days or less so far in 2022.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Kent market.
- $2 million -- The median home price in Kent this year.
- 75% -- The percentage of home sales that were detached homes with 4+ bedrooms.
- 104% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio in Kent.
- 2 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in June.
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-dc-neighborhood-where-home-price-is-2-million/19913.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The development will be located a few blocks south of the Takoma Metro station.... read »
DC's Office of Planning recently looked at DC's migration patterns in 2022. Today, Ur... read »
The new development along South Capitol Street includes a new amenity for UrbanTurf: ... read »
A new plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of DC's Chin... read »
Sales are well underway at Kite House—the brand new condominium at The Parks on the... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
Dupont Circle’s Swann House, a former 15-bedroom bed and breakfast, will be listed ... read »
The two-building project will include approximately 825 residential units, 151 lodgin... read »
There are two new proposals to redevelop the center at 14th and U Streets NW that are... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro