UrbanTurf continues to take a look at the housing markets around the DC region and today, we head over to Takoma Park.
For years, Takoma Park has been one of the most competitive housing markets in the area, and that reputation remained intact this year even as prices rose and sales fell.
The median home price in the Maryland city is up 19% year-over-year to $655,000, but sales are down nearly 25% during that same period. Despite the drop in sales, the ratio of sales price to list price for homes in this section of Maryland is one of the highest anywhere in the region, an indication of serious competition among buyers.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Takoma Park market.
- $908.733 -- The average sales price for a detached home with 4+ bedrooms.
- 1.38 -- The months of supply of homes for sale in July, up 80% compared to last July.
- 105.8% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for Takoma Park this year.
- 63% -- The percentage of homes that have sold in ten days or less this year.
Photo Courtesy HD Bros
- A Flurry of Sales: The West End Housing Market, By the Numbers
- The Northern Virginia Zip Code Where Prices Popped 40%
- The DC Neighborhood Where the Few Homes That Sell Move Quickly
- How Townhomes Pushed Prices Up 30% in 16th Street Heights
- Sales Up Across the Board: The Crystal City Housing Market, By the Numbers
- As Home Sales Drop, Prices Follow Suit in Hillcrest
- The Fastest Moving Prices in DC: The Palisades Market, By the Numbers
- Almost Always Above Asking: The AU Park Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Heavy Competition: The Del Ray Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Still One of DC's Priciest: The Georgetown Market, By the Numbers
- Low Supply, Big Premiums: The Chevy Chase Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/prices-up-sales-down-the-takoma-park-housing-market-by-the-numbers/20029.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
This week's Best New Listings includes an expansive three-building property in Maryla... read »
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro