H Street Corridor Condo Project To Almost Double in Size

by Shilpi Paul

H Street Corridor Condo Project To Almost Double in Size: Figure 1
Rendering of The Maia. Courtesy of PGN Architects.

The Maia, Valor Development’s upcoming residential project in the H Street Corridor, is increasing in size from 49 to 84 units, Valor’s Will Lansing recently told UrbanTurf.

As was reported last summer, Valor bought the Faith Bible Church at 1350 Maryland Avenue NE (map) with the intention of creating a 49-unit condo project. The developer will soon acquire the neighboring lot and will be nearly doubling the size of the project designed by PGN Architects. The Maia will be joining a slew of other developments on the rapidly changing H Street Corridor.

We’ll publish updated renderings when we get them in a couple weeks.

This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/h_streets_development_the_maia_almost_doubling_in_size/5312

1. makeba said at 1:43 am on Wednesday March 21, 2012:
    wow...and im struggling with a 2-unit deal.
  1. H Street Landlord said at 4:31 am on Wednesday March 21, 2012:
    Great news!
  1. East_H said at 3:02 pm on Wednesday March 21, 2012:
    This is good news for the starburst intersection, and smart on their part-- the influx of people into this area is astounding.
  1. Jordan said at 5:11 pm on Wednesday March 21, 2012:
    @Shilpi, This is great news! Thanks for digging this up. I live less than a block from this site. Any indication of the timeline for starting construction, and/or completion? Thanks.
  1. Brian White said at 9:51 pm on Wednesday March 21, 2012:
    "good news for the starburst intersection"? This isn't at the starburst. It's at 14th, katty corner from the Checker's. I walk here all the time. Funny, I never see groups of old white dudes in suits at that intersection.
  1. Shilpi Paul said at 10:03 pm on Wednesday March 21, 2012:
    Jordan, We hear that construction is expected to start in the middle part of the summer, and should take about 14 months. Shilpi
  1. ugh said at 5:46 pm on Thursday March 22, 2012:
    That building is so ugly. I think I've seen buildings just like it between Baltimore and Ashburn. Is there a name for that architecutre? DC Metro vernacular?? SEriously though, in 30 years, I think we'd be looking at those things the way we look at all those #$$# buildings in SW DC.
  1. concerned said at 6:10 pm on Thursday March 22, 2012:
    @ugh So, tell us some specifics about why you think it is "so ugly". I'd love to hear it.
  1. Chris Metzler said at 10:35 pm on Thursday March 22, 2012:
    This is only good news if they're also planning on putting in parking for all the people that are going to be living there -- and I mean as many spaces as there will be cars. Otherwise, it's lousy news. In the years I've lived here, I've watched new condo project after new condo project come to the neighborhood, and they *never* put in sufficient parking for the residents . . .and they've made parking hellish. I get home from work some weeknights in the middle of the night, well after the bars on H have closed; and yet I often still have to park five blocks away from home because there simply isn't anything closer. It wasn't like that just a few years ago, let alone earlier.