With Amazon's announcement today that half of its second headquarters will be coming to Northern Virginia, UrbanTurf broke down a series of numbers associated with the arrival of HQ2.
- 4 million -- The office square footage that Amazon is expected to occupy in Northern Virginia.
- 6.2 million -- The office square footage that developer JBG Smith controls in the area where Amazon's second headquarters will be located.
- 25,000 -- The number of jobs Amazon will create in Northern Virginia over the next 11 years.
- 400 -- The number of people to be hired for the headquarters in 2019.
- $150,000 -- The expected average wage for an Amazon employee in Northern Virginia.
- $550 million -- The amount Virginia will pay Amazon for creating 25,000 jobs.
- 267,000 -- The number of housing units that the DC area will need to create by 2025 given the arrival of Amazon, per the Urban Institute.
- 170,000 -- The number of housing units the region is on pace to add by 2025.
- 1,200 -- The number of new apartments and condos on the boards to be built in Crystal City.
- $2,003 -- The average monthly rent for a Class A apartment in Arlington County.
- $23 million -- The sales price for Jeff Bezos' home in Kalorama.
- 16-25 -- The number of minutes it will take Jeff Bezos to be driven from his DC home to the Amazon offices, depending on traffic.
- 3-4 -- The number of minutes it will take Jeff Bezos to be flown by helicopter from his house in Kalorama to the Amazon offices.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/amazons-northern-virginia-headquarters-by-the-number/14688
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Approximately 16,550 units delivered in DC between January 2019 and August 2021.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The seven-bedroom home hit the market on Friday and was under contract by Sunday.... read »
This year will likely go down as the year that prices for houses in DC reached new he... read »
Dubbed OZMA, the 13-story project will include roughly 7,900 square feet of ground fl... read »
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
STAY DC provides rental aid and utility payment grants to at-risk District residents ... read »
The planned 8-unit development would be located on K Street right along the Potomac R... read »
Landmark Theatres is in the final stages of negotiations that would have it operating... read »
The 12,000 square foot replica of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue went under contract last w... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro