The effect of Amazon's arrival on the region continues to be felt in a variety of ways, and that includes the housing market. UrbanTurf plucked out a few numbers that illustrate the effect that the online giant continues to have on the Arlington housing market, three months after the online behemoth announced its plans to come to Northern Virginia.
- $558,750 -- The median home sales price in February, the highest on record for Arlington for the month of February.
- $1.015 million -- The average price for a detached home in February.
- 65% -- The increase in the number of homes that went under contract in Arlington compared to February 2018.
- 54 -- The average number of days that homes spent on the market in February, a 40 percent drop compared to February 2018.
- 35% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less in February.
- 0.90 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale on the market. It dropped below 1.0 for the first time in December.
- 1.12 -- The number of contracts per active listing in February. It went above 1.0 for the first time in December.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/amazons-continued-effect-on-the-arlington-housing-market-by-the-numbers/15115
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
DC's homebuyer assistance programs can be a bit complex. This edition of First-Timer ... read »
A look around DC to find the most equity-rich neighborhoods.... read »
Just a month after setting a new high in March, the value of a house in DC skyrockete... read »
The National Capital Planning Commission will consider approval of the final master p... read »
The new five-level residential project is planned for the buildings at 1365-1375 H St... read »
Our guide for amateur landlords who don't really know what they're doing.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The eight-bedroom, 35,000 square-foot home known as The Cliffs hit the market Wednesd... read »
Brookfield Properties is moving forward with development plans for additional sites i... read »
The most detailed rendering yet has been unveiled for the 310-unit redevelopment of t... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro