As UrbanTurf begins to wrap up its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region, we head over to the neighborhood that saw home prices rise the most in 2023.
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by Nebraska and Massachusetts Avenues, rose 56% on median in 2023. Condos and co-ops, along with larger detached homes, led the price gains. The price increase came despite a median list price of around $1.5 million, and while the rising prices may have dampened sales in 2023, nearly 100 homes will sell in the neighborhood by the end of the year.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the market in Wesley Heights.
- $1,452,000 -- The average home price in Wesley Heights this year.
- $1,491,000 -- The average list price for homes that sold this year.
- 1.5 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale in Wesley Heights in November.
- 40% -- The percentage of homes sold that sold in 10 days or less.
- The Maryland Zip Code Where Homes Are Still Selling in Less Than a Week
- New Year, Same Story: The Congress Heights Market, By the Numbers
- The Land of the Townhouse: The Mount Pleasant Market, By the Numbers
- The Most Competitive Market in Montgomery County
- The DC Neighborhood Where There Are Almost No Homes For Sale
- Condos and Co-ops Bolster Cleveland Park Market
- Prices Up And Sales Follow Suit: The Palisades Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Fairly Balanced: The Logan Circle Market, By the Numbers
- Sales Down, Prices Flat: The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_dc_neighborhood_where_home_prices_have_risen_the_most_in_2023/21746.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Today, UrbanTurf is taking a look around DC to see where home sellers are reducing pr... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
Home prices in the DC region have risen on an annual basis for seven consecutive mont... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
Homeowners are staying put twice as long; the most profitable places to own a short-t... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro