UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Mount Pleasant.
Like many other neighborhoods around the region, home sales are down in the DC neighborhood just to the north of Adams Morgan. Unlike other areas, however, home prices are also down, but it is property type dependent.
For example, prices for condos and co-ops in the neighborhood have dropped notably compared to last year, while prices for townhomes are actually up slightly. Despite the overall drop in prices, the market in Mount Pleasant remains competitive as, on average, homes are selling for above list price.
Below are some interesting statistics we picked out about the Mount Pleasant market in 2023.
- $511,000 -- The average price for a condo/co-op in Mount Pleasant, down 21% compared to last year.
- $1,596,000 -- The average price for a townhome with 4+ bedrooms, up 2% compared to last year.
- 84 -- The number of homes sold this year, down 17% year-over-year.
- 101% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes sold in 2023.
- 1.1 -- The number of months of supply for active listings in August.
- The Most Competitive Market in Montgomery County
- The DC Neighborhood Where There Are Almost No Homes For Sale
- Condos and Co-ops Bolster Cleveland Park Market
- Prices Up And Sales Follow Suit: The Palisades Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Fairly Balanced: The Logan Circle Market, By the Numbers
- Sales Down, Prices Flat: The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_land_of_the_townhouse_the_mt_pleasant_market_by_the_numbers/21507.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
The plans for the new two-building residential project at Union Market got a big thum... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro