UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to the Maryland zip code where homes are selling in under a week.
Despite it being a slower year for the housing market in the DC area, there is a close-in Maryland zip code where the market is still quite brisk. In 20816 -- home to portions of Brookmont, Wood Acres and Glen Echo -- homes are selling on median in six days, even with nearly 170 listings closing so far this year. Homes are not only selling quickly, but are also selling regularly for above asking, as the original sales to list price ratio is well above 100%.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the market in the 20816 zip code.
- $1,163,500 -- The median home price in 20816.
- $1,259,000 -- The average list price for homes that sold this year.
- 6 -- The median number of days that home spent on the market in 20816 this year.
- 67% -- The percentage of homes sold that sold in 10 days or less.
- New Year, Same Story: The Congress Heights Market, By the Numbers
- The Land of the Townhouse: The Mount Pleasant Market, By the Numbers
- The Most Competitive Market in Montgomery County
- The DC Neighborhood Where There Are Almost No Homes For Sale
- Condos and Co-ops Bolster Cleveland Park Market
- Prices Up And Sales Follow Suit: The Palisades Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Fairly Balanced: The Logan Circle Market, By the Numbers
- Sales Down, Prices Flat: The Capitol Hill Housing Market, By the Numbers
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the_maryland_zip_code_where_homes_are_selling_in_less_than_a_week/21611.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
The plans for the new two-building residential project at Union Market got a big thum... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro