With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head over to Spring Valley.
Spring Valley is tucked away off Massachusetts Avenue near American University and is known for having some of the pricer homes for sale in the District. With a median price eclipsing $2 million, this year is no different. As the statistics below reveal, not only are homes expensive in Spring Valley, but they are large; the vast majority of homes sold this year had four or more bedrooms. Lastly, while sales are not usually very brisk in an area with prices this high, more than 40 percent of the homes sold this year did so within ten days of being listed.
- $2,049,500 -- The median price for homes sold in 2019, up 32 percent compared to last year.
- $2,179,667 -- The average list price of homes sold in 2019, up 19 percent compared to last year.
- 42% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 92% -- The percentage of homes sold this year that had 4+ bedrooms.
- 4 -- The months of supply of homes on the market in the first quarter of 2019.
- High Home Prices, Higher Demand on Capitol Hill
- Pricey, But Competitive: The Chevy Chase DC Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Is AU Park DC's Most Competitive Housing Market?
- Calmer Than Most: A Look at the H Street Corridor Housing Market
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-land-of-the-2-million-home-a-look-at-the-spring-valley-market/15482.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
A 4,600 square-foot condominium in Arlington just sold for nearly $6 million, setting... read »
Home prices in the DC region have risen on an annual basis for seven consecutive mont... read »
A new report is shedding light on the volume of investor home purchases at the end of... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro