What's Hot: Plans Progress For a New Grocery Store at Friendship Heights Mall | Move-In Ready Townhomes at EYA's Northeast DC Neighborhoods
The Drive-Thru COVID Testing Rundown for the DC Area
For those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, here are some convenient testing sites in the DC area that maintain physical distance recommendations. Bear in mind that there is a limited quantity of tests, results often take up to seven days, and it is generally recommended to self-isolate and call a doctor before seeking testing or treatment. Referrals are required unless stated otherwise. DC has a list of walk-up testing facilities here, and there are also links for additional testing sites statewide in Maryland and Virginia.
District of Columbia
- Grubb's Pharmacies recently began free drive-up testing by appointment at its three locations in Anacostia (map), Capitol Hill (map), and Georgetown (map).
- CVS Pharmacy also began opening self-swab drive thru testing at nearly 1,000 locations nationwide, including on Bladensburg Road (map), in Brightwood (map), and nearby in Takoma (map). A full list of locations can be found here.
- DC has relocated the testing previously at United Medical Center to a more central location in Anacostia, at 2241 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE (map). Call (855) 363-0333 for pre-screening.
- The Children's National Health System opened the city's first drive thru and walk-up testing facility at Trinity Washington University (map) for patients up to 22 years old.
- Public walk-up and drive thru testing is now open at UDC-CC Bertie Backus campus in Queens Chapel (map), by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call (855) 363-0333 for pre-screening.
- George Washington University Hospital in Foggy Bottom has both walk-up and drive thru options for patients with doctor's recommendations. The drive thru location is open Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment at 20th and H Streets NW (map).
- Kaiser Permanente members can get a drive thru or walk-up test at the Capitol Hill location (map).
- AllCare has opened drive thru testing by appointment at their locations, including at 1710 Rhode Island Avenue NW (map). They accept outside insurance and also have a $125 option for those without healthcare.
Montgomery and Prince George's Counties
- CVS Pharmacy also has drive thru testing by appointment at several of its Maryland locations, including in Bethesda (map), Capitol Heights (map), Gaithersburg (map), Greenbelt (map), Hyattsville (map), New Carrollton (map), at Rockville Town Square (map), and on Rockville Pike (map). A full list of locations can be found here.
- Plans to retrofit Maryland's vehicle emission test sites into drive thru COVID testing facilities are rolling onward, available at Glen Burnie, Waldorf, Columbia, and Bel Air. The former White Flint mall has also been floated as a potential drive thru test location. Drive-thru testing has also opened at the emissions facility at White Oak (map).
- Drive thru testing ended at FedEx Field in late April, but Prince George's County is now doing drive-thru testing at the Cheverly Health Center (map). Potential patients must first call the Prince George's County Health Department's Coronavirus hotline at (301) 883-6627.
- MedStar Health started drive thru testing last week at the Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center in Bethesda (map).
- Family medicine group Kelly Goodman, NP & Associates also runs two drive thru testing sites in Bethesda, at the Sangamore Road Safeway (map) and pop-ups at the Washington Waldorf School (map).
- Public drive thru testing recently began at the Wheaton Community Recreation Center (map) and is available by appointment only for those with symptoms. Montgomery County is also going to begin offering drive thru testing by appointment on April 27th at the Upcounty Regional Services Center in Germantown (map).
- Kaiser Permanente members can also get drive thru or walk-up testing at the Gaithersburg (map), Largo (map), Marlow Heights (map), Rockville (map), and Shady Grove (map) locations.
- PM Pediatrics locations in Maryland and Virginia are testing those up to 26 years old, by appointment. Although there is no formal drive thru, there is the option to wait in your car for screening.
Arlington and Alexandria
- CVS Pharmacy is also offering drive thru testing at a few dozen locations in Virginia, including at Landsdowne Center in Alexandria (map), at Bailey's Crossroads (map), and on Prosperity Avenue (map) and Fairfax Boulevard (map) in Fairfax. A full list of locations can be found here.
- Virginia Hospital Center has opened a drive thru testing facility at 1429 N. Quincy Street (map).
- The Inova in Old Town Alexandria on S. Washington Street (map) offers drive-up testing by appointment, as does the Tysons Corner location (map).
- Northern Virginia's Neighborhood Health has opened drive thru testing facilities for members at its locations in Arlandria (map), at Inova on North Howard Street (map), on Richmond Highway (map), and in Pine Ridge (map).
- AllCare is also offering drive thru testing by appointment at their locations in Alexandria (map) and Tysons Corner (map).
UrbanTurf will continue to update this article as facilities are added; let us know if we are missing any.
UrbanTurf's Coverage of COVID-19
- DC Mayor Launches “Reopen DC Advisory Group”
- Moving From Recliners to PPE: Room and Board’s Manufacturers Are Producing Protective Equipment
- Montgomery County Council Approves Temporary Residential Rent Control
- After a Nosedive, Property Showings Are Rebounding in DC
- DC COVID Relief Bill Amended to Require Rent Relief Notice
- Montgomery County Council Introduces Emergency Rental Assistance Appropriation
- How DCRA is Handling Building Inspections During the Public Health Emergency
- From a Distance: One in 4 Purchase Offers Happened Without Buyer Seeing Home in Person Last Week
- DC’s Public Health Emergency Extended to May 15
- 40% of DC Area Renters Could Use $1,200 Stimulus to Cover Rent
- April Sees 13% Drop in DC Area Tenants Paying Rent on Time
- DC’s Office of Zoning Seeks Six-Month Extension of Expiring Approvals
- Mortgages Deferred and Rent Frozen: DC Council Passes Supplemental COVID Response Bill
- Eviction Moratorium Covers One in Four Rental Units Nationwide
- Where Are DC-Area Residents Going (And Not Going)
- Three People Max, Six Feet Apart: Maryland Issues COVID-19 Guidelines to Realtors
- DCBIA to Lobby For Local Mortgage Relief To Help Renters
- From Virtual Open Houses to Focus Forums, How DC Brokerages are Maintaining Physical Distance
- Pandemic Puts DC Historic Review Applications On Hold
- One Title Company Implements Drive-Thru Closings
- How Coronavirus is Affecting Property Showings in the DC Area
- How Well is DC Doing at Social Distancing?
- Lyft To Donate Free Essential Rides
- Bank of America Allowing Borrowers to Defer Mortgage Payments
- A Look at 5 Housing Non-Profits in DC
- Van Ness Co-op Building Implements Strict COVID-19 Measures
- HUD, FHFA Suspend All Evictions, Foreclosures Through April
- Two Grocers and Mega Retailer Change Hours for Seniors
- DC Council Passes Sweeping COVID-19 Emergency Bill
See other articles related to: drive-thru, healthcare, pandemic
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-dc-area-drive-thru-covid-testing-rundown/16667.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Clarion Partners, the owner of the Chevy Chase Pavilion, has filed modifications to i... read »
The new development keeps humming along in DC's Buzzard Point.... read »
It is early in the year, but there are already a number of areas around DC where home... read »
Where it's cheaper to build than buy; Elon Musk is not making Texas happy; and the wo... read »
If you are tired of getting lost in their stores, IKEA has a new location planned tha... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
The application to raze the infamous fast food location at New York and Florida Avenu... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- The End is Here: Raze Permit Filed For Wendy's at Dave Thomas Circle
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro