While the country deals with shortages of personal protective equipment and other supplies to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, a furniture company is joining other manufacturers to help fulfill those needs.
Manufacturers for Room and Board are now at work producing personal protective equipment (PPE). Many had previously closed, but recently reopened as essential businesses dedicated to PPE production.
Below is a list of those manufacturers and what they are now supplying:
- Open Works, which typically does Room and Board's Urban Wood Project line of small furniture and tabletop fixtures, is now 3D-printing face shields.
- Sleeper sofa and recliner producer American Leather has pivoted to making masks and gowns for healthcare workers.
- Rather than beds and accent chairs, Precedent Furniture is making protective masks.
- Accessory manufacturer ADF is now creating barriers for service counters and safety shields for workers.
- Bedding producer Redland Cotton is making masks for the University of Alabama Medical Center, while pillow-maker Valdese Weavers is making masks for hospitals in North Carolina.
- Sofa manufacturer McCreary Modern is making two types of masks for Hospice of Catawba County and others, one of which covers and prolongs the usefulness of N95 masks.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/furniture-companys-manufacturers-are-producing-ppe/16762.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
Where new housing is being built; the return of water in Dupont Circle; and a look at... read »
July Residential has filed plans with DC for a four-story, 50-unit apartment building... read »
A new residential project is on the boards for a DC neighborhood that hasn't seen muc... read »
UrbanTurf takes a look at the close-in Maryland zip codes where prices have risen the... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
Today, we will take a look at the close-in Northern Virginia zip codes where prices h... read »
Hockey players and horse riders, this sprawling Virginia estate may be for you.... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro