UrbanTurf continues its annual look at the neighborhood housing markets around the DC region as we head over to Congress Heights.
This year is just as busy as 2020 for the Ward 8 neighborhood when it comes to home sales, with one big difference: home prices are much higher. Prices in the neighborhood are up 26% across the board this year, with three-bedroom townhouses leading the way. The other thing that has changed in 2021 is that there is a lot more inventory for homebuyers to choose from. A year ago, there was a month's supply of homes on the market; last quarter, there was an almost three-month supply.
Below UrbanTurf plucked out several other interesting stats about the Congress Heights market.
- $422,500 -- The median home price in Congress Heights this year.
- 117-- The number of homes sold this year, down 2% compared to 2020.
- 41% -- The number of homes that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 98.9% -- The average sales price to original list price ratio in Congress Heights.
- Surging: The Takoma Housing Market, By the Numbers
- Bethesda: A Sit-It-Out Market
- Crestwood: The Demand is "Like a Tsunami"
- The Sky High Demand on Capitol Hill
- Georgetown: The Competition is Back
- Chevy Chase: The Seller's Market
- Mount Pleasant: No Longer Undervalued
- Del Ray: 5 Days or Less
- Logan Circle: Standard Competition
- LeDroit Park, The DC Neighborhood Where Home Prices Are Up 50%
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/up-up-and-away-the-congress-heights-housing-market-by-the-numbers/18834.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
Home prices in the DC region have risen on an annual basis for seven consecutive mont... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
Homeowners are staying put twice as long; the most profitable places to own a short-t... read »
A year ago, UrbanTurf reported on plans for a grocery store that was looking to open ... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro