The housing market slowdown continued in the DC area in August, led by falling sales and homes spending more time on the market. As a supplement to our article on the state of the market yesterday, we plucked out some of the more telling statistics from the market last month below.
- $555,000 -- The median price for a home in the DC area in August, up 3% compared to last August.
- 7,285 -- The number of active listings on the market in August, down 5% compared to a year ago.
- 1.22 -- The monthly supply of active listings in the DC region, up 8% compared to August 2021.
- 107,089 -- The total number of home showings in the region last month, down 27% year-over-year.
- 5,323 -- The number of homes sold in the region, down 25% from August 2021.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-reset-continues-the-august-housing-market-in-the-dc-area-by-the-numbers/20073.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The storied unit along P Street is now looking for a new owner.... read »
There are five projects in the works around Audi Field which could bring nearly thous... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
DC is getting close to meeting Mayor Muriel Bowser's goal of producing 36,000 new ho... read »
The development pitched for the site of a Goodwill store in Arlington got the key app... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro