With the spring housing market just getting started, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head to Capitol Hill.
The Capitol Hill housing market is a good microcosm of what is going on in the larger regional market. So far in 2022, home prices are up across the board in the neighborhood while inventory is down significantly and home sales are following suit. Below, we picked out some statistics for the neighborhood that are illustrative of what is happening.
- $1.03 million -- The median home price on Capitol Hill so far in 2022, up 17 percent compared to last year.
- $1.652 million -- The average home price for an attached house with 4+ bedrooms, up 8 percent compared to 2021.
- 0.66 -- The monthly supply of homes for sale in February, down 54 percent compared to last February.
- 71 -- The number of homes sold so far in 2022, down 14 percent compared to last year.
- 60% -- The percentage of homes that sold in ten days or less.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/high-prices-higher-competition-the-capitol-hill-housing-market-by-the-numbe/19441.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
Home prices in the DC region have risen on an annual basis for seven consecutive mont... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
Homeowners are staying put twice as long; the most profitable places to own a short-t... read »
A year ago, UrbanTurf reported on plans for a grocery store that was looking to open ... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro