Last year's housing market in the DC area started out one trajectory and ended on another. With 2022 in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the market last year.
- 62,356 -- The number of homes that sold in the DC region in 2022, down 22% from 2021.
- $556,000 -- The median home price in the DC region in 2022, the highest price on record.
- 58% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less in the DC region.
- $11 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold in the region last year.
- 100.6% -- The average sales price to list price ratio for homes sold in the DC area.
- $42,000 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold in DC last year.
- $655,000 - The median home price in DC proper, slightly lower than 2021.
- 24% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million in DC.
Data above was provided by Bright MLS. Photo courtesy HomeVisit.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/from_62000_sales_to_11_million__the_dc_area_housing_market_in_2022/20505.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
UrbanTurf created Pipeline, a searchable database of multifamily projects that are un... read »
As we head towards the end of the year, UrbanTurf is wrapping up its coverage of larg... read »
Prices in Wesley Heights, a DC neighborhood to the south of Spring Valley bordered by... read »
Today, UrbanTurf is looking back at the three priciest homes to sell in the DC area t... read »
Today, UrbanTurf takes a look at the distinct differences between these two popular f... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
A revised plan is on the boards for a group of five townhouses in the middle of China... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro