What's Hot: Plans Progress For a New Grocery Store at Friendship Heights Mall | Move-In Ready Townhomes at EYA's Northeast DC Neighborhoods
After Spring Slump, DC's New Condo Market Bounced Back
As with the rest of the housing market, the spring of 2020 was a rough one in DC for new condos. However, new data from condo marketing and sales brokerage Urban Pace shows how the new condo sector rebounded along with the rest of the market this summer.
Below, UrbanTurf picks out some of the more interesting and telling data points from the summer statistics.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
- 869 -- The number of new condos sold in DC from March to May, down 28% compared to the same period in 2019.
- 1,245 --The number of new condos sold in DC from June to August, up 36% compared to the same period in 2019.
- 127 -- The number of contracts for new condos written in DC's 20002 zip code in 2020.
- $552,044 -- The average sales price for new condos in DC in August, up 3.5% compared to August 2019.
- 5.45% -- The year-to-date increase in new condo sales in the District compared to the same period in 2019.
See other articles related to: dc condo market, dc condo prices, dc new condo market, urban pace
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/after-spring-slump-dc-new-condo-market-bounces-back/17296.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Clarion Partners, the owner of the Chevy Chase Pavilion, has filed modifications to i... read »
The new development keeps humming along in DC's Buzzard Point.... read »
It is early in the year, but there are already a number of areas around DC where home... read »
Where it's cheaper to build than buy; Elon Musk is not making Texas happy; and the wo... read »
If you are tired of getting lost in their stores, IKEA has a new location planned tha... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
The application to raze the infamous fast food location at New York and Florida Avenu... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- The End is Here: Raze Permit Filed For Wendy's at Dave Thomas Circle
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro