If you were a home seller in the DC region in June, chances are you had a pretty good month, as UrbanTurf reported yesterday. While the market themes were primarily high home prices, rebounding home sales and signs that listings were starting to hit the market again, we decided to pluck out a few more statistics to give readers a sense of what is going on in the market.
- 15 -- The number of neighborhoods in DC where the median home price exceeded $1 million in June.
- $375,000 -- The median home price in Prince George's County, the highest price for the county in a decade.
- 32% -- The rise in townhome sales in DC's 20002 zip code, setting a ten-year high for sales of this property type.
- 46% -- The percentage of homes in DC that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 1.32 -- The months of supply of active listings in June, a 34 percent year-over-year drop.
- 9 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in the region in June, the lowest level for the month in a decade.
- 20 -- The number of DC neighborhoods where homes sold in a week or less in June.
Photo courtesy of Jessica Overcash.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-strength-of-the-dc-area-housing-market-in-june-by-the-numbers/17070.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Here are some precautions to take before buying real estate with a buddy.... read »
UrbanTurf takes a look at the sizable (and growing) residential pipeline southeast of... read »
DC landlords make more money listing their one- and two-bedrooms on a long-term basis... read »
The neighborhoods with the lowest priced homes for sale are on opposite sides of the ... read »
The application is for an 11-story development that would deliver 160 units at 610-62... read »
Harry Wardman is responsible for developing huge swaths of northwest DC, from row hou... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 14 years, it is critically impor... read »
A stately five-bedroom Woodley Park house has been home to not one, not two, but thre... read »
The most active developer in the Union Market has more plans on the boards.... read »
Lowe Enterprises has big plans in the works for what was the first phase of four-buil... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro