If you were a home seller in the DC region in June, chances are you had a pretty good month, as UrbanTurf reported yesterday. While the market themes were primarily high home prices, rebounding home sales and signs that listings were starting to hit the market again, we decided to pluck out a few more statistics to give readers a sense of what is going on in the market.
- 15 -- The number of neighborhoods in DC where the median home price exceeded $1 million in June.
- $375,000 -- The median home price in Prince George's County, the highest price for the county in a decade.
- 32% -- The rise in townhome sales in DC's 20002 zip code, setting a ten-year high for sales of this property type.
- 46% -- The percentage of homes in DC that sold in ten days or less this year.
- 1.32 -- The months of supply of active listings in June, a 34 percent year-over-year drop.
- 9 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in the region in June, the lowest level for the month in a decade.
- 20 -- The number of DC neighborhoods where homes sold in a week or less in June.
Photo courtesy of Jessica Overcash.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-strength-of-the-dc-area-housing-market-in-june-by-the-numbers/17070
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Here's what you need to know about reporting profit made from the sale of your home.... read »
A final look for the year at the DC neighborhoods where home values rose the most thi... read »
Residential development in this jurisdiction-straddling neighborhood got a major kick... read »
A new residential development is on the boards in DC and the design is reminiscent of... read »
With two additional museums authorized as part of the Smithsonian system, a forthcomi... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
A Tysons development has the area's five tallest buildings on the boards.... read »
Homeowners will be able to expedite the ADU approval process with two options for one... read »
A rezoning may be in the works for the AutoZone site.... read »
The priciest condo to ever sell in DC just closed last week, nearly a month after the... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro