The latest housing report out today for the DC area shows the continued trend of rising home prices and dropping sales in the region. However, pending sales numbers were up in March, an indication that buyer demand may be starting to outweigh rising prices.
Below, UrbanTurf picked out a number of relevant numbers and statistics from the MarketStats by ShowingTime report.
- $450,000 -- The median home price in the region in March, marking the 30th consecutive month of year-over-year price increases.
- $310,000 -- The median home price in the region in March 2010, 45 percent lower than the current median price.
- $579,250 -- The median home price in Alexandria in March, a 24 percent increase over March 2018.
- 10% -- The drop in closed sales in the region compared to last March.
- 9.2% -- The increase in pending sales in DC in March.
- 26 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in March.
- 6,799 -- The number of active listings on the market in the region, down 9.7 percent compared to last year.
- 7.3% -- The increase in supply in DC proper, the only jurisdiction to see inventory increase.
- 98.5% -- The average percent of original list price received at sale in the region, the highest March level in a decade.
- 100.1% -- The average percent of original list price received at sale in Alexandria, the highest for a local jurisdiction in March.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-dc-area-housing-market-in-march-by-the-numbers/15249.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
Plans for a large new residential project above the Ellsworth Place mall in the middl... read »
A year ago, UrbanTurf reported on plans for a grocery store that was looking to open ... read »
With news this week that the Lerner family will not be selling DC's baseball team, it... read »
Today, UrbanTurf is taking a look around DC to see where home sellers are reducing pr... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro