The latest housing report out today for the DC area shows the continued trend of rising home prices and dropping sales in the region. However, pending sales numbers were up in March, an indication that buyer demand may be starting to outweigh rising prices.
Below, UrbanTurf picked out a number of relevant numbers and statistics from the MarketStats by ShowingTime report.
- $450,000 -- The median home price in the region in March, marking the 30th consecutive month of year-over-year price increases.
- $310,000 -- The median home price in the region in March 2010, 45 percent lower than the current median price.
- $579,250 -- The median home price in Alexandria in March, a 24 percent increase over March 2018.
- 10% -- The drop in closed sales in the region compared to last March.
- 9.2% -- The increase in pending sales in DC in March.
- 26 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in March.
- 6,799 -- The number of active listings on the market in the region, down 9.7 percent compared to last year.
- 7.3% -- The increase in supply in DC proper, the only jurisdiction to see inventory increase.
- 98.5% -- The average percent of original list price received at sale in the region, the highest March level in a decade.
- 100.1% -- The average percent of original list price received at sale in Alexandria, the highest for a local jurisdiction in March.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-dc-area-housing-market-in-march-by-the-numbers/15249.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Capitalization challenges are to blame for the Madison Highland Live/Work Lofts at 70... read »
The proposed district would encompass the neighborhood's commercial strip along Conne... read »
WTOP is reporting that The Heights, an eight-stall food hall that is taking over the ... read »
Where new housing is being built; the return of water in Dupont Circle; and a look at... read »
July Residential has filed plans with DC for a four-story, 50-unit apartment building... read »
A new report out this week found that homes in the DC region are selling nearly a wee... read »
Today, we will take a look at the close-in Northern Virginia zip codes where prices h... read »
Hockey players and horse riders, this sprawling Virginia estate may be for you.... read »
DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the requested relief for a planned 32-unit c... read »
When Amazon announced in 2018 that it would be opening a second headquarters in Virgi... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro