A new report by condo sales and marketing firm McWilliams|Ballard aggregates sales and pipeline information from 2019 to lend some context to the areawide new condo market. Below, UrbanTurf picks out some of the more interesting data points from the report.
- 12% — The year-over-year increase in DC-area new condo sales between 2018 and 2019.
- 20% — The year-over-year increase in new condo sales in DC proper, accounting for 48% of the new condos sold areawide last year.
- 51% — The year-over-year increase in new condo sales in Loudoun County, accounting for 14% of the new condos sold areawide last year.
- Over 60% — The share of new condos sold in DC in 2019 that started sales in 2019.
- 3.2 years — The years of future new condo supply areawide from 2020-2022 that is currently in the pipeline and hasn't begun sales yet.
- 62% — The share of new condos sold in DC last year which were in buildings larger than six units; the share was 54% in 2018.
- 58% — The share of new condos sold areawide last year which were townhouse-style or in two-over-two buildings; 42% of these units were in Loudoun County.
- 0.8 — The years of new condo supply in DC in 2019. In the area, only Prince William County, Arlington and Prince George's County had a lower supply, respectively at 0.6, 0.4 and 0.3 years.
- 2,325 — The number of new condo units in the pipeline in DC proper. Areawide, there are 7,059 new condo units in the pipeline.
Thumbnail rendering of the City Ridge development in DC.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/the-2019-dc-area-new-condo-market-by-the-numbers/16501
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Following a bankruptcy auction, sale closed on the property last November.... read »
The new home also has an owner's suite that spreads out over 3,300 square feet.... read »
Over 8,000 apartments were absorbed in DC in 2021 for the first time.... read »
A neighbor of the priciest home to ever sell in the DC region appears to be taking in... read »
The developer began sharing plans for the project in October.... read »
UrbanTurf is re-running its primer on property taxes which outlines a few things that... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The H Street Corridor once epitomized DC's development boom, but construction activit... read »
The upzoning would mandate additional Inclusionary Zoning units for developments alon... read »
The Shaw pipeline is starting the year off hot.... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro