The October housing market in the DC region was characterized by prices, specifically record home prices. From DC to Alexandria, prices across the region reached new highs last month, but as has been the case for most of the year, the rising prices are not dampening enormous buyer demand.
Below, UrbanTurf plucked out some of the more telling statistics from the October market.
- $510,000 -- The median home price in the DC region in October, the highest level on record for the region.
- $675,000 -- The median home price for DC in October, the highest on record for the city.
- $1.1 million -- The median home price for single-family homes in October, the highest on record in DC.
- 24% -- Increase in home sales in the region between October 2019 and October 2020.
- 15 -- The number of neighborhoods in DC where the median home price exceeded $1 million in October.
- 1.53 -- The months of supply of active listings in October, a 17 percent year-over-year drop.
- 7 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in the region in October.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/records-all-over-the-october-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17530.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Why condo fees are high in some buildings and low in others can be a difficult questi... read »
When sellers haven't quite lined up their next house before their settlement date com... read »
In this edition of First-Timer Primer, we look into the question of how to determine ... read »
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
Here's what you need to know about reporting profit made from the sale of your home.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
A recent transaction shows that the housing market isn't cooling off everywhere.... read »
Developer Akridge has released new images of their planned Burnham Place development ... read »
The new development will also have a nearly 20,000 square-foot public plaza.... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro