The October housing market in the DC region was characterized by prices, specifically record home prices. From DC to Alexandria, prices across the region reached new highs last month, but as has been the case for most of the year, the rising prices are not dampening enormous buyer demand.
Below, UrbanTurf plucked out some of the more telling statistics from the October market.
- $510,000 -- The median home price in the DC region in October, the highest level on record for the region.
- $675,000 -- The median home price for DC in October, the highest on record for the city.
- $1.1 million -- The median home price for single-family homes in October, the highest on record in DC.
- 24% -- Increase in home sales in the region between October 2019 and October 2020.
- 15 -- The number of neighborhoods in DC where the median home price exceeded $1 million in October.
- 1.53 -- The months of supply of active listings in October, a 17 percent year-over-year drop.
- 7 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in the region in October.
This article originally published at http://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/records-all-over-the-october-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17530
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
After a slew of developments delivered in Ballston last year, — totaling over 1,000... read »
The planned 8-unit development would be located on K Street right along the Potomac R... read »
Loan recasting is a growing practice- so what is it?... read »
The project would replace a concrete plant and would deliver the neighborhood's first... read »
The next phase on the Center Block would deliver 166 apartments and 221 hotel rooms.... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
The preferred mortgage product among most home buyers is the fixed-rate mortgage. How... read »
STAY DC provides rental aid and utility payment grants to at-risk District residents ... read »
Federal Realty plans to eventually file a planned unit development application for th... read »
The project would also deliver new office space for the fraternity, which has been at... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro