The October housing market in the DC region was characterized by prices, specifically record home prices. From DC to Alexandria, prices across the region reached new highs last month, but as has been the case for most of the year, the rising prices are not dampening enormous buyer demand.
Below, UrbanTurf plucked out some of the more telling statistics from the October market.
- $510,000 -- The median home price in the DC region in October, the highest level on record for the region.
- $675,000 -- The median home price for DC in October, the highest on record for the city.
- $1.1 million -- The median home price for single-family homes in October, the highest on record in DC.
- 24% -- Increase in home sales in the region between October 2019 and October 2020.
- 15 -- The number of neighborhoods in DC where the median home price exceeded $1 million in October.
- 1.53 -- The months of supply of active listings in October, a 17 percent year-over-year drop.
- 7 -- The median number of days that homes spent on the market in the region in October.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/records-all-over-the-october-housing-market-by-the-numbers/17530.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Even though flipping is not as prevalent in the city as it used to be, there are sti... read »
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
The Capitol Hill home has been listed for sale that has a number of serious security ... read »
The listing will hit the market on Wednesday, according to the Washington Business Jo... read »
Today, UrbanTurf looks at what we think will be the metrics that will determine the d... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
The Church of the Epiphany has filed plans with the city to demolish the rear portion... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro