A home on the market in Hillcrest.
In this week’s Home Price Watch, UrbanTurf heads to the Ward 7 neighborhood of Hillcrest.
The price trajectory of homes in Hillcrest really depends on property type and size. While the median sales price for homes in the neighborhood has dropped 13.7 percent this year, the average price of a detached home increased 10 percent. A closer look at the detached home segment shows that prices for four-bedroom homes have jumped 25 percent, as two-bedroom prices have plummeted 47 percent.
Homes on the market in Hillcrest are sitting on the market about a week, or 17 percent, longer than last year, but four more homes have sold in 2015 compared to 2014.
Other interesting points from the Hillcrest neighborhood data:
- Cash transactions make up 33 percent of home sales in the neighborhood this year, suggesting a good deal of investor activity.
- 19 homes sold in the first 10 days on the market. In contrast, 19 other homes were on the market for over two months.
UrbanTurf used data on the legal Hillcrest subdivision from real estate data firm RealEstate Business Intelligence for this article.
- Home Price Watch: The Hot Market in Crestwood
- Home Price Watch: A Look at Spring Valley
- Home Price Watch: Prices Rise 16 Percent in Dupont Circle
- Home Price Watch: Up In Michigan Park
- Home Price Watch: The Neighborhood Where You Will Pay Above Asking
- Home Price Watch: The 35 Percent Increase in Anacostia
- Home Price Watch: A Good Year for AU Park
- Home Price Watch: Woodridge Prices Shoot Up 20 Percent
- Home Price Watch: The Very Fast Moving Market of Logan Circle
- Home Price Watch: Home Prices in LeDroit Park Increase 14 Percent
- Home Price Watch: Prices Edge up Slightly in Palisades
- Home Price Watch: Prices Jump 13 Percent in Brightwood
- Home Price Watch: Trinidad, Where Prices Jumped 7 Percent
- Home Price Watch: Eckington, Where Median Prices Jumped 19 Percent
- Home Price Watch: The Very Active Housing Market in Columbia Heights
- Home Price Watch: Cash is King in Georgetown
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/home_price_watch_up_and_down_in_hillcrest/10508.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
If you make your way through downtown Bethesda, it seems like there is a new project ... read »
The Post will stay downtown; a look at DC renters who are renovating; and the residen... read »
This week's Best New Listings includes a historic Sears Kit Home, a bungalow with bri... read »
The news anchor dropped the price for his sprawling DC home, but it still could set a... read »
To the chagrin of homebuyers, long-term mortgage rates continued to head up this week... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro