What's Hot: Friendship Heights Food Hall Could Open This Month | Summer Ready With Quick Move-In Homes at Brookland Grove
Home Price Watch: The Very Fast Moving Market of Logan Circle
A home on the market in Logan Circle.
The housing market in Logan Circle continues to move along at a quick clip.
63 percent of the 59 homes sold in the neighborhood off 14th Street NW this year did so in the first ten days they were on the market. Four of those homes were under contract in less than 24 hours. Interestingly, homes are selling slower, on average, in 2015 compared to 2014. The average number of days a home spent on the market in the first half of 2014 was 23. This year, it’s 26.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
Overall, the market in Logan this year looks a lot like it did in 2014. For instance, the sold dollar volume only increased 3 percent, from $42.6 million to $43.9 million. Even the number of homes sold stayed constant, with 57 selling in 2014 through June and now 59 for 2015 thus far. The average sales price for condos, the most common housing type in Logan Circle, fell just one percent to $640,071.
Additionally, like last year, the average sales price to original listing price ratio is above 100 percent, an indication that sellers are getting more than the asking price in the neighborhood.
A few other takeaways from the data:
- The overall median sales price for homes in the neighborhood fell about 7 percent this year, from $673,300 to $625,000.
- Forty seven of the 59 units sold were conventionally financed, and there were no sales on detached homes.
UrbanTurf used data on the advertised Logan Circle subdivision from real estate data firm RealEstate Business Intelligence for this article.
- Home Price Watch: Home Prices in LeDroit Park Increase 14 Percent
- Home Price Watch: Prices Edge up Slightly in Palisades
- Home Price Watch: Prices Jump 13 Percent in Brightwood
- Home Price Watch: Trinidad, Where Prices Jumped 7 Percent
- Home Price Watch: Eckington, Where Median Prices Jumped 19 Percent
- Home Price Watch: The Very Active Housing Market in Columbia Heights
- Home Price Watch: Cash is King in Georgetown
See other articles related to: home price watch, logan circle, logan circle home prices
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/home_price_watch_the_very_fast_moving_market_of_logan_circle/10171.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
A look at the larger residential developments in the works from Cardozo to Mount Vern... read »
The Heights, a ten-stall food hall that is taking over the spaces formerly occupied b... read »
A piece of legislation quietly introduced in the House of Representatives earlier thi... read »
The backlash over backyard pool rentals; the "housing matchmaker"; and the townhouse ... read »
In this week's edition of Under Contract, we look at a homes that sold in 24 hours, 3... read »
Virginia's homebuyer assistance programs can seem complex. This edition of First-Time... read »
The residential projects that have sprouted up on the Maryland and DC sides of the Fr... read »
With a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, the redevelopment of the Georgetown Wes... read »
The 23,600 square-foot mansion just hit the market, and would set a record if it fetc... read »
The immaculately kept 100-year-old house features six bedrooms and four-and-a-half ba... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- First-Timer Primer: Virginia's Home Buyer Assistance Programs
- Mall Conversions, Trader Joes? The 1,500 Units in the Friendship Heights Pipeline
- The Four Seasons Private Residences in Georgetown Break Ground
- DC's Blaine Mansion Lists For $30 Million, A Potentially Record-Setting Price in the City
- Now Selling: A 16th Street Heights Victorian on an Island of Its Own
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro