What's Hot: The 5 Developments on the Boards For Buzzard Point | IKEA Opening Small Format, Delivery-Only Location in Pentagon City
From 9,278 Sales to $9.1 Million: DC's Housing Market in 2019, By the Numbers
With the 2019 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
story continues belowloading...
story continues above
- 9,278 -- The number of homes that sold in 2019, up 3% from 2018.
- 4,534 -- The number of condos and co-ops that sold in 2019.
- $585,000 -- The median home sales price in 2019, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $1.262 million -- The average price of a detached home with 4+ bedrooms in 2019.
- $9.1 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold last year.
- $49,500 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 44% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 17% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $765 -- The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.62 -- The months of available housing supply in the fourth quarter in 2019.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/from-9278-to-91-million-dcs-housing-market-in-2019-by-the-numbers/16335.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
The 650,000 square-foot project, designed by Adjaye Associates and Hickok Cole, will ... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor is planned for a fami... read »
The new development keeps humming along in DC's Buzzard Point.... read »
It is early in the year, but there are already a number of areas around DC where home... read »
This week's Best New Listings includes a condo with a former life as a hotel entrance... read »
The application to raze the infamous fast food location at New York and Florida Avenu... read »
While homeowners must typically appeal by April 1st, new owners can also appeal.... read »
At an ANC 4A meeting on Tuesday night, representatives from Whole Foods said that the... read »
The application has been filed for the American City Diner along Connecticut Avenue i... read »
As the neighborhood waits for highly-anticipated restaurants to open, and luxury home... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
- A First Look at the Five-Building Centerpiece of the St. Elizabeth's Redevelopment
- 200-Unit Apartment Project Planned For Autozone Site Along the H Street Corridor
- The Stacks, Brooklyn Bowling and a Vermeer: The 5 Developments on the Boards for Buzzard Point
- DC's 14 Million-Dollar Neighborhoods in 2023
- Best New Listings: A Hotel Entrance Turned Condo
- The End is Here: Raze Permit Filed For Wendy's at Dave Thomas Circle
- How to Appeal Your DC Property Tax Assessment
- Whole Foods at Walter Reed To Open This Summer
- Raze Application May Spell The End For One of DC's Last Diner Buildings
- New Hotels, Mall Conversions And The 450 Units On The Boards For Georgetown
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro