With the 2019 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
- 9,278 -- The number of homes that sold in 2019, up 3% from 2018.
- 4,534 -- The number of condos and co-ops that sold in 2019.
- $585,000 -- The median home sales price in 2019, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $1.262 million -- The average price of a detached home with 4+ bedrooms in 2019.
- $9.1 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold last year.
- $49,500 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 44% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 17% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $765 -- The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.62 -- The months of available housing supply in the fourth quarter in 2019.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/from-9278-to-91-million-dcs-housing-market-in-2019-by-the-numbers/16335.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Intersect at O includes five dramatic elevator townhomes, designed for luxury living.... read »
Harry Wardman is responsible for developing huge swaths of northwest DC, from row hou... read »
An updated look at the residential units on the boards at Union Market.... read »
The neighborhoods where prices have risen the most have one thing in common.... read »
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the Jewett House has hit the market for $14... read »
UrbanTurf has compiled virtual looks at large new developments around the DC region.... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 14 years, it is critically impor... read »
Before deciding to build an addition to your rowhouse, find out whether you'll need t... read »
A stately five-bedroom Woodley Park house has been home to not one, not two, but thre... read »
A look at the residential projects in the works within a block or two of Dave Thomas ... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Visit guides.urbanturf.com or start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro