With the 2019 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
- 9,278 -- The number of homes that sold in 2019, up 3% from 2018.
- 4,534 -- The number of condos and co-ops that sold in 2019.
- $585,000 -- The median home sales price in 2019, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $1.262 million -- The average price of a detached home with 4+ bedrooms in 2019.
- $9.1 million -- The sales price for the most expensive home sold last year.
- $49,500 -- The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 44% -- The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 17% -- The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $765 -- The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.62 -- The months of available housing supply in the fourth quarter in 2019.
This article originally published at https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/blog/from-9278-to-91-million-dcs-housing-market-in-2019-by-the-numbers/16335.
Most Popular... This Week • Last 30 Days • Ever
Here are some precautions to take before buying real estate with a buddy.... read »
The largest development on the boards for the H Street Corridor will go before DC's B... read »
The plans for 7749 Old Georgetown Road will go before the Montgomery County Developme... read »
The red wall near the corner of 30th and M Street NW hit the market back in July for ... read »
Today, we highlight the five DC neighborhoods that have been the most affordable to h... read »
With interest rates reaching their highest levels in 22 years, it is critically impor... read »
Just before the holiday, UrbanTurf is taking its semi-annual look at the neighborhood... read »
Plans have been filed with DC's Historic Preservation Office to convert the building ... read »
The change would allow for an 80-acre portion of DC's 272-acre Armed Forces Retiremen... read »
An application filed with DC this week signals the end is nigh for a McDonald's locat... read »
With this weekend's DC houseboat tour a day away, UrbanTurf thought it only fitting t... read »
President Obama travels to Denver this morning to sign the stimulus bill that has bee... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader wonders if there is a rule for h... read »
As The Wharf prepares to begin construction, DC's houseboat community heads to its ne... read »
In this week's installment of Ask An Agent, a reader asks a fairly common question th... read »
DC Real Estate Guides
Short guides to navigating the DC-area real estate market
We've collected all our helpful guides for buying, selling and renting in and around Washington, DC in one place. Start browsing below!
Intro guides for first-time home buyers
Awesome and unusual real estate from across the DC Metro